Oatmeal Cookie Cereal
6 years, 6 months ago
Today our guest Kanika @thelitebatter shares one of her delicious and healthy recipes with us: Being a Clean Baker I am always trying out new healthy, tasty recipes and then I give them my own twist which I'm happy to share with all of you today.
Cookie Cereal. The whole idea, in all honesty, was introduced and suggested by a good friend who happens to have her own catering business in another city. Cookie Cereal is super easy to bake, but definitely more time consuming than baking a regular batch of cookies. This fun recipe revolves around making perfect cute round little balls of cookie dough to fill up the entire cookie tray. I usually put on a nice Summer Mix from Youtube while baking these lovelies. Hope you enjoy baking them as much as I do always!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 large farm fresh Egg
- 1/2 cup powdered Molasses or Brown sugar as per your liking
- 1 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 4 Tbls - 1/2 cup low fat butter/coconut oil, your choice
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk the egg, vanilla, Molasses powder, and butter for about 5-7 minutes
- Add Oats
- Sieve the dry ingredients twice and mix it into the liquid batter
- Continue to mix for 4-5 minutes till you see no lumps
- Refrigerate it for an hour
- Preheat oven for 10 mins @ 150 degrees
- Oil your cookie tray, place butcher paper covering the entire tray and brush a bit of oil over it.
- Start making small round balls from the dough. Small enough that would fit with ease into your bowl of breakfast cereal.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes ( first 7m @ 150 degree, then 3m @ 100 degrees)
- Once done, take them out of the oven and let them cool until they get a little hard
Fill up your bowl of cereal with your favorite cookie cereal guilt free!
Check out and follow @thelitebatter on Instagram, and follow me @mindoverbody.me for daily posts and recipes! If you have a recipe you'd love me to share, contact me on this webpage.